The 70th WUSC Annual Assembly is scheduled for January 21, 2017 in Montreal at the Centre Mont Royal. WUSC members from across the country attend this important business meeting which is conducted in both official languages and is held during the WUSC and CECI International Forum. Everyone is welcome to attend, but only members in good standing have the right to vote (please see membership categories below).
All Voting Delegates must complete the relevant steps listed below in order to receive a voting card:
- Local Committee Voting Delegates must present a copy of the minutes of their Local Committee Meeting naming them as the Voting Delegate (please bring or upload to My Committee)
- Institutional Member Voting Delegates must present a completed form and a letter/message from their President/Principal or other representative with institutional authority, verifying their selection as the institution’s Voting Delegate
- General members must have paid the membership fee by November 21st in order to vote at this year's Annual Assembly. The fee remains $50 for 2016-17. Please provide a completed form.
Documentation can be sent in advance to firstname.lastname@example.org or presented on-site.
We hope to see you at the Assembly!
Board of Directors
WUSC is governed by a volunteer board of directors which typically meets three times per year. The board of directors provides overall strategic direction to WUSC’s management, through its executive director. Board directors are elected for three-year terms at WUSC’s Annual Assembly.
At the 70th Annual Assembly, Saturday, January 21, 2017 in Montreal, there will be elections for the following board positions:
- 1 Member-at-large
Additionally, at the Annual Assembly the membership will be asked to elect one member to sit on the Nominating Committee for a one-year term.
These positions are open to anyone eligible to stand for election, as described below. For the Member-at-large position, candidates with the following experience and skills are particularly encouraged to run:
- Senior university and college experience
- Senior private sector experience
- Foundation, institutional donor or Corporate Social Responsibility experience
- Marketing and fundraising as profession
Local Committees: Each active Local Committee (LC) can send one voting delegate and as many observers as they wish. An active Local Committee member:
- is comprised of a minimum of five people – students, faculty and/or staff – with a post-secondary institution;
- supports WUSC’s objectives;
- holds at least one activity proposed by WUSC in Canada each year.
Institutional Members: Canadian member universities and colleges can send one voting delegate and as many observers as they wish. Institutional Members are recognized Universities Canada or Colleges and Institutes Canada universities, colleges or other post-secondary institutions. They:
- support the objectives of WUSC; and,
- pay an annual membership fee.
General Member: A general member is anyone who declares that she or he will adhere to the mission and values of the organization. General Members:
- may have been associated with WUSC as a volunteer, cooperant or associate, seminar participant, member of a Local Committee, scholarship beneficiary, refugee student, staff member, donor, board member, consultant, or in some other meaningful way,
- pay an annual membership fee, set at $50 for 2016-2017.
Travel subsidies are available for Local Committee and General Member voting delegates who must travel more than 600 km to participate in and vote during the WUSC Annual Assembly. All voting delegates are responsible for arranging their own transportation to the Annual Assembly. Subsidies have been set at a specific amount per province (see the chart below). Funds are limited and are granted on a first come, first serve basis until funds run out. We suggest you register for Forum and apply for a subsidy in early Fall to avoid disappointment.
Those who are awarded a travel subsidy will be notified and a cheque for the amount set for their province will be mailed out two weeks after the event. Cheques for Local Committee voting delegates will be made payable to the Local Committee – please make sure to submit the correct banking information. The Local Committee is responsible for managing the funds for its representative(s).
Please send the completed form and documentation to Carol Dolbel by email (email@example.com), mail (1404, rue Scott, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4M8) or by fax (613) 798-0990. Local Committees should download the form on My Committee.
|Province||Travel Subsidy Amount|
|Ontario (>600 km)||$325|
|Québec (>600 km)||$325|
|Prince Edward Island||$425|