WUSC holds its Annual Assembly during the International Forum each year. WUSC members - Local Committee, institutional and alumni representatives - from across the country attend this important business meeting.
WUSC’s 67th Annual Assembly will be conducted in both official languages on Sunday, November 3, 2013, from 8:30 a.m. to 10:30 a.m.
Local Committees: Each active Local Committee (LC) can send one voting delegate and as many observers as they wish. An active Local Committee member:
- is comprised of a minimum of five people – students, faculty and/or staff – with a post-secondary institution;
- supports WUSC’s objectives;
- holds at least one activity proposed by WUSC in Canada each year.
Institutional Members: Canadian member universities and colleges can send one voting delegate and as many observers as they wish. Institutional Members are recognized Association of Universities and Colleges of Canada (AUCC) or Association of Canadian Community Colleges (ACCC) universities, colleges or other post-secondary institutions. They:
- support the objectives of WUSC; and,
- pay an annual membership fee.
Alumni: Alumni: Up to 25 alumni members can attend the Annual Assembly as official voting delegates. In the event that more than 25 alumni members volunteer, 25 voting delegates will be selected through a secret ballot. An active alumni member:
- has been associated with WUSC as a volunteer, cooperant or associate, seminar participant, Member of a Local Committee, scholarship beneficiary, refugee student, staff member, donor, Board Member, consultant, or some other meaningful way;
- supports the objectives of WUSC;
- makes an annual donation to WUSC.
How to participate as a voting delegate
Individuals who are interested in participating in the Annual Assembly as an official voting delegate and who meet the requirements outlined above should complete and return the attached form and required documentation by October 22nd, 2013.
Institutional Members and Local Committees must provide a letter (Institutional Members) or meeting minutes (Local Committees) that identifies their voting delegate.
Travel subsidies may be available for Alumni Member and Local Committee voting delegates who must travel more than 500 km to attend the Forum and vote during the Annual Assembly. To learn more about travel subsidies, please consult the Annual Assembly tab of the FAQ on the Forum website. The deadline to request a subsidy is October 9, 2013.
Please send the completed form and documentation to Carol Dolbel by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail (1404, rue Scott, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4M8) or by fax (613) 798-0990.