WUSC holds its Annual Assembly during the International Forum each year. WUSC members from across the country attend this important business meeting. Everyone is welcome to attend the meetings though only members in good standing have the right to vote (please see membership categories below).
Members wishing to vote should indicate they are a voting delegate when registering online for the International Forum. Voting members not attending the Forum should complete a voting delegate form and return it to Carol Dolbel by email (firstname.lastname@example.org), mail (1404 Scott Street, Ottawa, ON, K1Y 4M8) or by fax (613-798-0990) before January 4, 2016.
Board of Directors
WUSC is governed by a volunteer board of directors which typically meets three times per year. The board of directors provides overall strategic direction to WUSC’s management, through its executive director. Board directors are elected for three-year terms at WUSC’s Annual Assembly.
Vacancies on the Board
There will be elections for the following board positions at the next Annual Assembly:
- Up to 3 Members-at-large
- Five Regional Members:
- Alberta / British columbia / Yukon / Northwest Territories
- Manitoba / Saskatchewan / Nunavut
For the Member-at-large positions, candidates with the following experience and skills are particularly encouraged to run:
- Senior unversity and college experience
- Senior private sector experience
- Foundation, institutional donor or Corporate Social Responsibility experience
- Marketing and fundraising as profession
Local Committees: Each active Local Committee (LC) can send one voting delegate and as many observers as they wish. An active Local Committee member:
- is comprised of a minimum of five people – students, faculty and/or staff – with a post-secondary institution;
- supports WUSC’s objectives;
- holds at least one activity proposed by WUSC in Canada each year.
Institutional Members: Canadian member universities and colleges can send one voting delegate and as many observers as they wish. Institutional Members are recognized Universities Canada or Colleges and Institutes Canada universities, colleges or other post-secondary institutions. They:
- support the objectives of WUSC; and,
- pay an annual membership fee.
General Member: A general member is anyone who declares that she or he will adhere to the mission and values of the organization. General Members:
- may have been associated with WUSC as a volunteer, cooperant or associate, seminar participant, member of a Local Committee, scholarship beneficiary, refugee student, staff member, donor, board member, consultant, or in some other meaningful way,
- pay an annual membership fee, set at $50 for 2015-2016.