WUSC recruits and places professionals on long term and short-term contracts for various overseas assignments, responding to the needs of its partners in developing countries in Africa, Asia and South America. WUSC regularly bids on projects in various sectors in developing countries. Funding sources include the World Bank, the Asian Development Bank, the Inter-American Development Bank and DFATD.
The majority of WUSC's projects are in the area of education, training and capacity Building. In recent years, WUSC has developed projects involving institutional strengthening, good governance, curriculum development, training, planning and policy development at various levels. Some of the initiatives undertaken by WUSC have included projects in: basic and girls' education (Ghana); water and sanitation (Peru); and vocational training (Sri Lanka).
Opportunities to consult on WUSC projects arise periodically, and we maintain a database of experienced and qualified professionals who are interested in short-term overseas work.
- graduate degrees in a related field
- at least 10 years of working experience
- at least 3-5 years combined work experience in a developing country
- Canadian citizenship or landed-immigrant status (for some DFATD-funded contracts)
Please note that only applicants who meet the above requirements will be retained.
Terms and conditions
- term contracts
- salary and allowances in accordance with terms and conditions of funding organizations
- accommodation and transportation paid by WUSC
To register in our consultant database, please use our online database http://consultant.wusc.ca.