Leadership Meeting 2013 is THE training event of the year that Local Committee members don’t want to miss. Join other students from across the country to receive specialized training on how to be heard on your campus, our campaigns, the Student Refugee Program, and what it takes to be a knowledgeable and great leader on your Local Committee. It is a unique opportunity to network and learn from other WUSC leaders in Canada!
The Leadership Meeting will be held in Ottawa-Gatineau from Friday August 16 to Sunday August 18th.
WUSC Leaders wanted!
Each Local Committee can send ONE student member* who has been actively involved with the Local Committee for a minimum of one year. Participants of Leadership Meeting 2013 should already have some strong knowledge about WUSC, our campaigns and the Student Refugee Program.
Are you eligible to attend?
- You have been actively involved with your Local Committee for at least one year.
- You are a returning Local Committee member who is committed to playing a greater leadership role this year (priority should be given to second and third year students).
- Your Local Committee has chosen you to represent at Leadership Meeting 2013.
- You are available to attend all three days of training.
What’s in it for you?
- Stronger knowledge of our campaigns and fundraising opportunities (Bike for AIDS, Shine a Light and the SRP National Campaign).
- Meeting other amazing WUSCers in your city, region and across the country to share ideas and best practices to become a better Local Committee.
- Skill development workshops with key WUSC staff and special guests.
- Ideas to make your Local Committee stronger than ever.
- Receiving our FREE annual promo material to bring back to your campus.
Registering to Leadership Meeting 2013
Leadership Meeting 2013 will be held in Ottawa-Gatineau on August 16-18 2013.
Deadline to register is Friday, July 5th 2013.
- Registration cost is $30! The fee will help cover some of the overhead cost.
- One member per Local Committee can register for the meeting (see above for details)*.
- We cover participants’ accommodation, meals and transportation.
Email Yann Okoumba, Program Assistant, at firstname.lastname@example.org to register today! We’ll send you a follow-up registration form and details to complete your registration in timely matter.
Deadline to register is Friday, July 5th.
*Some Local Committees have expressed interest in sending more than one representative. At this time however we are only registering one representative. You may send us a second name for our waiting list in the event that not all 75 spots are filled. Please note that the WUSC International Forum in November 2013 will be another great training opportunity! Thanks for understanding.